Sunday 4 March 2012

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

Well, we had the consult with the surgeon last Wednesday. And despite his many questions, ("How do you think you got Lyme disease? When did the symptoms present? When did you get diagnosed?Who diagnosed you? What kind of symptoms do you have?"), he really was rather nice. And a lot younger than both Matt and I were expecting; his name led to a mental image of a dignified middle-aged man with grey hair, not someone who could guest star as "the Todd's" college roommate on Scrubs.  I know the Holy Spirit was there with me, because for once, I didn't feel offended or flustered (which is hard after being bombarded for years by doctors), and gave just the right number of passable answers mixed with enough incoherence to validate the authenticity of my case. He arranged with his nurse to schedule us in, and we were off.


 And while I am starting to feel a little lonely for the people back home (especially my Mom, since I would have seen her by now), I am settled. The house is unpacked, our nanny is better than I could've hoped for, Matt is happier as a result of less work on his plate, and I am feeling nearer than ever to God and His unwavering strength. 


Tomorrow at 3pm I will have my PICC line inserted. Tuesday I am scheduled to begin antibiotics. And finally, finally, I feel like I am nearing the end of the road. I still don't feel scared, which is a huge weight off after being afraid for so long. I know that God will carry me through the valleys standing in the way of the finish line.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be


 discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9



Love and prayers for you all,


Kate

1 comment:

  1. Kate...keeping you in our prayers daily! You are truly an amazing person, handling with such grace something so difficult. Keep that beautiful smile on your face and remember that you are so lucky to have such a huge fan club. : ) May God continue giving you strength on this next journey!
    Much love to you and your family,
    Kara Bischoff

    ReplyDelete