Friday 22 June 2012


Season of Suffering

Baby boy don’t grow up too soon
Your youth isn’t here to stay
I know at times it seems as though
I’m a million miles away
My mind may wander;
My body fails
And my memory, it fades
You may think I don’t want to spend time with you
But that isn’t a choice I have made

Husband love, don’t give up on me
I know this isn’t right
A cause that many choose to flee
You stand your ground and fight
I know this is not the life you dreamed
Our plans have seemed to fail
But I promise if you’ll hold tight to me
Our love, it will prevail.

Body weak, sore and abused;
My Spirit doesn’t understand you
The two of you, though once were fused
Now fail to read each other’s cues

Oh Lord, my God; strength within
I fix my gaze on you
Holding tight to what I know
My strength is all but used
So take my son, my love, my life; all that’s been neglected
And in this time of suffering
May Your Glory be reflected.




No comments:

Post a Comment